Raising awareness through media relations and festival partnerships
What was the brief?
To raise awareness of the Festival and drive pre-event ticket sales through media outreach, influencers /bloggers and leverage existing brand partnerships.
What challenges did we face?
This was the second year of the festival and, although successful, general awareness was low. Timings had a significant impact as activity started in June, with less than 3 months to the festival date, which meant PR coverage was limited to weeklies & online media and brand activity had already been scheduled. In addition, summer is a busy period and people have generally already planned their summer/festival trips by June with many being away during August.
What was the strategy?
• To drive reach through media relations and media partnerships
• To engage audiences through influencers and bloggers
• To leverage existing festival partners to promote the event through their own channels
• To incentivise ticket sales with partners with exclusive discount codes
What were the deliverables?
• Write press release and target key media, generating coverage
• Invite up to 25 key contacts for press passes at the Festival
• Set up 1 x media partnership
• Set up 1 x blogger partnership
• Contact 5 key partners to negotiate promotions on their channels
And what was the result?
• 61 pieces of coverage generated across print & online media
• 7 bloggers and influencers were engaged who generated 13 pieces of content to date
• 8 brand partners & 9 yoga teachers promoted the festival through their social channels
• 22 media passes were generated
• We set up 1 x online media promotion with Emerald Street
Soul Circus is a yoga and wellness festival launched in 2016 by husband and wife team Ella and Roman Wroath to offer an inspiring event that combines yoga and wellness with motivating music, delicious food and a sense of fun for body, mind and spirit. It takes place in the Cotwolds and partners with some fabulous lifestyle brands, ambassadors, speakers, teachers and food and music providers to deliver an exceptional weekend.
Aspire has been working with Soul Circus since June 2017, to raise awareness of the 2017 event – the first of its kind – drive ticket sales and amplify its position amongst target audiences as the ‘must do’ yoga and wellness festival across the UK.
Visit www.soulcircus.yoga to find out more.